Thursday, May 19, 2011

The Essential Gaming

Why not a video game post?  They say write what you know.  Here is a list of my personal favorite video games/series of all time.

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time-  This was one of my first console games, and I still play it from time to time.  If you never have, for whatever reason only the tribal elders may know, do so.  If you dont like the graphics it only means you're too young to remember the difficult times the earlier generations had to face.  They were shit-tastic in their day and Im still impressed with the level of detail the game offered.

Super Smash Brothers-  Im not talking about Brawl or Melee, but the n64 version.  There were only 12 characters and you had to unlock four of them, and only four or five good levels.  I played this game last night.

Pokemon-  Take your pick.  There are five generations and nineteen individual titles (or twenty, depending on what country you live in) to choose from, each one better than the last in interactivity, graphics, depth and gameplay.  The stories are per your taste, they seem to get worse with each one to me, but only because Ive been there since RBY.  FR/LG are the best out now, since they're a reboot of red and blue with updated moves and an expanded area.

Killzone-  I havent played the second or third, as I dont own a ps3, but the first one was ballstacular.  The story was tits, and the multiplayer was gamer sex.

Grand Theft Auto-  The ps2 titles, once again (its the latest system I own.  Sorry, I dont feel like shelling out 500 bucks on a new system and games and peripherals).  GTA3 was my first ps2 game, and it was the best purchase I ever made.  I didnt have a memory card for a month, so I just played the first couple of missions every time before I went into fuck around mode.  By 2004, I could draw the map of liberty city by memory.

Advance Wars-  Its like animated mobile Risk, plus you can design your own maps and scenarios.  This could hold me up for hours.

Rayman 2 (n64)-  Evocative environments did me in for this one.  I really felt like every level was a place, and that there was more beyond the borders of the map.  The story is nothing for the sagas, but it was an honest effort.  Add the addictive and mostly flawless gameplay and you have yourself a game, sir.

There's more, yes, but who would want to read this crap on and on?  Im sure you're busy, so lets call it a night.

No comments:

Post a Comment